BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

10 things I love about gardening

1. being outside, soaking up the sun, and digging my hands in the dirt :)

my little neighbor Reality, finding her space and planting her parsley

2. the natural way soil exfoliates sweaty skin..and it's like it applies itself!

3. taking deep breaths of them bloomin' greens, come late spring

4. tending to and caring for a bed of baby plants, hell even adolescent plants need rearin'!

5. the workout of weeding

6. watching pretty flowers bloom and then watching them turn into lush fruits

(The eggplant on top is actually the fruit of the purple flower bloom, above!)

7. making a tangy basil pesto and becoming famous in the neighborhood (fugettaboutit!)

8. being able to avoid the supermarket to make a meal (you don't even want to know how much this thrills me. sometimes supermarket = i'm cold, i'm impatient...pretty much my downfall)












9. my one-on-one contact with many interesting bugs or winged creatures...

10. the way i feel after munching the healthy and delicious veggies of my labor!

1 comments:

Annette said...

Your garden looks wonderful! I reckon nothing tastes better than food you've grown yourself...it's like you have an energetic connection with it. Oh, you might like the Anastasia (Ringing Cedars) books..if you haven't heard of them, do a search on google and youtube and see what you think. Even check the library. In Joy!